- Drop a Hint to Visitors. Add a small rug just inside the front door for visitors. Set a pair of shoes on it as a reminder of what the rug is for. And don’t forget to follow the rule yourself!
- Bring the Outdoors In. If you have a foyer or entry way by the front door, add an indoor/outdoor rug. These are great at collecting dirt and easy to vacuum or rinse off outside.
- Keep Food Out. Keep snacks and meals out of carpeted rooms! This is a big one – and a tough habit to change if your family is used to snacking on the couch.
- Make it Clear. Clear liquids only! Ditch the soda in favor of water – it’s better for them anyway! And water spills are simple to clean up. Avoid Kool-Aid, Gatorade and other colored drinks from entering carpeted rooms.
- Make it a Habit. Vacuum your carpet regularly (once a week).
- Don’t Wait. Clean up spills immediately! Pat, don’t rub, a stain. Then poor cool water over the area and soak up with a dry, clean white towel. For more on how to treat the most common stains before they set in, click here.
We’d love to help you get the clean, fresh carpet your home deserves! Give us a call at 636.680.5555 or visit our website for a free estimate.