There’s nothing quite like kicking off your shoes and sinking your toes into a luxurious pile of soft carpet.
2015 will be here before we know it, and with it, all new trends in decorating. To help you stay ahead of the game, and prepare your home for the holidays and the New Year to come, we’ve scoured the Internet for all the latest and greatest trends in flooring. Here’s what’s hot – and cool – in carpeting:
1. According to HGTV, a major shift in carpeting for 2015 will be towards layered color and soft texture. A combination of texture and pattern will always be popular because it minimizes soil and vacuum marks. But the other advantage is that color and texture offer more distinctive style and fashion appeal.
Patterns -- in designs of leaves, trellises, or flowers, for example -- offer organic shapes that coordinate easily with patterns in other furnishings. Strong colors that come from commercial pallets are now available in multicolored loops, cut loop surfaces, and Berber styles as accents.
It used to be that carpeting was simply a backdrop for your furniture and other design elements, but new carpet styles are changing that perception, giving carpet center stage as the focal point of a room.
Other than paint, carpet is the easiest way to personalize an environment. Its color can be a neutral foundation or a vibrant focal point. Read more at: http://www.hgtv.com/home-improvement/todays-carpet-trends/index.html
2. “The Floorview” is CarpetsPlus COLORTILE’s blog. And according to this retailer:
Read more at: www.thefloorview.com
3. The latest from Australian home magazine, Home Life, shares that neutrals will always be safe, but a vivid carpet can have a big impact. Other 2015 trend tips include:
Read more at: http://www.homelife.com.au/decorating/living+dining/carpet+trends,5291
4. From Australia to Canada, Westboro Flooring has some thoughts on Interior Design trends for 2015 when it comes to flooring. Their blog advises starting with go-to colors black, white and sand and then building off of these with accent colors such as Neon Neutrals, Muted Primary Colors or Soft Pastels. Read more here: www.westboroflooring.com.
5. Shaw Floors’ color forecast for 2015 calls “River Thames Taupe” the new neutral and the perfect bridge color from the once popular best selling beige to today’s hottest grey. Take a look at their Pinterest board for some Pinspiration!
Whether you prefer the new neutrals or the more dramatic vibrant hues, remember to keep your carpets looking new with a professional cleaning every six to nine months. Spectrum Cleaning and Restoration is a licensed, insured, IICRC-certified, and CRI-approved full-service carpet cleaning and restoration company serving both residential and commercial clients in the greater St. Louis and Columbia areas for more than 27 years.
Spectrum Cleaning & Restoration offers state-of-the-art equipment, reasonable rates and our professional guarantee. Learn more at http://spectrumclean.com